David A. Tidwell
2998 Owens Meadow Lane
Kennesaw, GA 30152
secure position utilizing previous CAD production, training and management experience in architectural &
civil site development
- provided design supervision for over 350 multiple-use and commercial projects within the
- proven ability to effectively manage engineering teams and
supporting design professionals on fixed deadline
- sound understanding of national and regional code-required design
planning standards (ADA, B.O.C.A., Life Safety Code, SBC, NFPA 96,
- over twelve years of user experience & training in AutoCAD (R12, 13,
14, 2000-06) and Softdesk LDD & R8 software (GOGO & ADT
Establish CAD file naming conventions and standards for use in
creation of region specific plan sets and archiving of historical
- Coordinated consultants and attorneys in securing plan
approvals including zoning use changes, variances, easements, etc.
- Worked within construction organization for a systematic transition
projects from pre-development to active construction.
provision of CAD design & due dilligence investigation services to
commercial and mixed-use developers in the metropolitan Atlanta area.
Conduct feasability analysis for land use on proposed individual &
multiple tract property assemblies.
* installation &
configuration troubleshooting for AutoCAD design software. Integration
of customized CAD interface for user-specific production solutions.
Establish remote wireless connection access for field communication
with primary network servers.
Atlanta Regional Office
* responsible for managing internal & external design staff charged
with production of architectural,
MEP & civil planning for 450 store
(including cost reviews, value engineering and approval of work from
supporting architects, engineers, surveyors, landscape architects and
* formulate budgets and define individual timetables for scope of work
on all assigned
projects. Presented development options to Senior Management in
Construction, Operations and Real Estate Departments in order to
solidify major design
* served as primary point of contact for preliminary design phase of
development team (Project Architect, Project Manager and Real Estate
Manager) on all projects including new construction,
remodel/rebuilds, and prototypical projects.
* extensive experience with owner representation for contractor,
developer and permitting activities
Telephone & Telegraph (now
Southeastern Regional Office
* served on Regional office development staff for territory in
Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, North & South Carolina and Alabama.
* produced architectural,
civil, and facility
design on physical plant and new service construction improvements
* responsible for budgeting, production and design staff supervision of
architectural, civil & underground utility design for central
* digitized as-built information converted from engineering field
* performed field line/ pole/ facility physical walk out audits
International Ltd. (Mercury
Civil Engineering Designer
Kuwahee WWTP ~
* assigned to project design team of ten engineers, four surveyors and
support staff providing civil design and site management, compiling
field data and verification of as-built construction for $56m Kuwahee
Waste Water Treatment Plant/ Knoxville, TN.
* served as Asst. Project Safety Director, insuring OSHA compliant
& construction site practices and executed all insurance and
accident investigation reports.
American Surveyors, Inc.
* initially served as field crew rodman
* promoted to office staff as civil survey draftsman
* experience with residential subdivision lot
layout, existing and finished topo planning and easement delineation
* accountable for final project delivery to residential & commercial developers, realtors and closing attorneys
Softdesk Corporate Offices
completed Certified training courses with Autodesk Architectural, Civil
& COGO CAD programs
Home Office (C.O.B.)
continuing education courses
and technical development training in M/S Win 9x-NT-XP O/S,
TCP/IP, SHTML, LAN
& WAN system
graduate of McDonald's Total Quality Management and Covey Management
The David G.
Building Systems Design,
Architectural Engineering Theory
PROVIDED UPON REQUEST